Described in the following chapters is how you can change the communication settings.
The controller is configured per default for node-ID 1 and a baud rate of 1 Mbaud.
Setting node-ID and baud rate
The PD2-C-IP is equipped with a hex coding switch – similar to that shown in the following figure -. This can be used to set the source for the node-ID and the baud rate.
- If the rotary switch is set to the value "1", the node-ID is set to "1" and the baud rate is permanently set to 1000 kBd. In the event of problems with the configuration, communication can thereby always be established with the controller and any errors reversed.
- The changes in objects 2005h and 2009h must be stored by writing value
65766173h in object 1010h:2h.
- The changes are not accepted until either
- the voltage supply is briefly disconnected or
- the CANopen message RESET COMM (NMT) is sent to the motor.
- The load sequence for objects 2005h and 2009h is as follows (each successive value overwrites the previous):
- The default value is loaded.
- A stored value – if present – is loaded.
- The configuration file is used if the controller has one.
- The settings of the rotary switch(es) are taken over.
Node-ID and baud rate
|Number of the rotary switch||Node-ID||Baud rate|
|0||0||Object 2009h||1 MBd fixed|
|1-7||1-7||Number of the rotary switch||1 MBd fixed|
|8||8||Object 2009h||Object 2005h|
|9-15||9-F||(Number of the rotary switch)-8||Object 2005h|
The value of object 2005h can be found in the following table.
|Value||Baud rate in kBd|